Samstag, 10. Mai 2014

8th BSBP Reveal - What a great day, today!

Yessss - oh how much I love that day!
Guess what - it's BSBP time again - woohoo!!
Thank you Lori one more time, for giving us the possibility to get in contact with other artists from all over the world, get out of our comfort zone by exchanging goodies with creative souls . To meet us here once a year for dipping into a sea of inspirations. I'm sure I will take part every year, as long as you will organize one.

Although this year I was struggling sooooo much for getting ready for the big reveal day. I was in Germany - Mannheim at "Glas und Kunst im Park" last weekend, and really struggled with the original planned reveal date. But I got ready..... before I read the post from Lori last Wednesday. So I had a relaxing week, the last one .... ;0)

This year I was paired with Nan Smith (Hi Nan :0))) from nanmadejewelery. Nan lives in Canada. She makes jewelry for about 5 years now, wonderful wirework pieces -  you have to take a look at her page. She is a truly creative soul and sent me a fabulous selection for my bead soup.

Here is a picture of the little treasure I've got from Nan:


Normally I totaly love that combination of oranges and turquoises, but when I start to design my pieces, the turquoises and copper became priority and I decided to keep my orange and most of the brass pieces for other creations.

I started with the imposing Mother of Pearl clasp, a real challenge for me. As I unpacked it, I immediately knew I would design an extra creation with it. For three reasons: it needs to be an eyecatch, I never worked with three strands in a necklace before (it has three fittings on each side) and it has a silver backside.

After some thoughts what to do with it, I realized I still had a lot of chip strands from former times (before lampworking time), perfectly fitting for an eyecacthing short necklace. I also found an old strand of Larimar imitation beads. Oh my, some day I will have a strand of genuine Larimar stones, for sure. Such a lovely colour that blue-turquoise! I added nearly all of the flat Turquoise beads from Nan and took it for one strand of the necklace.


For an extra highlighting on the beautiful clasp, I complemented it with a short piece of chain, some pinned chips and a short handpainted piece of tenuous crinkle silk ribbon, tied to a bow.


I also got some nice silver cage wrapped Turquoise beads, wireworked by Nan. Perfectly for some earrings, matching to the necklace. I added some short chain pieces, some chips and the two remained flat Turquoise beads - a nice set, isn't it?



I made this set very quickly ... knowing that the second creation will be my big task for this BSBP: I wanted to become more familiar with metal working.

I'm following the blogs from "art bead scene" and "art jewelry elements" for a while now, and was totally inspired by the great tutorials, given there!

It's a while ago when I read an article about fire painted copper pieces. The beautiful colours developed by fire attracted me like magic - I wanted to give that a try.

So I started my second necklace by two pieces of copper..... first of all, I had to drill some holes into them (with my little Dremel, had nothing professional for that) to make the both as central attention with the little cute gecko I've got from Nan sitting on top of them.

Aferwards I hammered the copper disc and washer with different bits from my screwdriver set ;0) Not as intense as with professional stamps, but I only have some letters .... it was quite ok for my aims! 

And then it came to the realy interesting part ..... took the both pieces outside to my terrace, place them down on a earthenware saucer and fired them with a creme brulee burner. In quite a short time both pieces developed wonderful shades of dark red brown, pink and blue. For giving the back piece more turquoise nuances - fitting to the whole creation - I painted it with patina too. 

Then I stringed on both sides of the copper disc wire worked chains - one I've got from Nan, and another one, which I made with liver of sulfur oxidised copper wire and the dark blue-green beads from Nans treasure chest. I completed the chains with the turquoise Lava beads, one of the porcelain spikes and a copper wheel from my own stash. 

When I came to the middle of the three holes I remembered an article about fabric wrapped columns - from Claire Lockwood (here's the link) - at the art bead scene blog.

So I bought a small piece of Dupion silk and stained it with silk colour. It didn't dye through the whole piece, but I liked that stone-washed look.
The little porcelain heart suited perfectly for the end of the middle pendant and the hoop for the upper ending.

Finally I complemented the hole pendant with another piece of the handpainted silk and some turquoise chips, threated to a necklace.


So, a lot of description - sorry about that, but I'm totaly delighted with the result of the hole piece..... here's a picture :0)


Love it, when the big pendant swings at the middle of my body! :0)

It was the first time, I didn't use even one of my lampwork beads at the BSBP! There were so many experiences I made with creating that necklace, I'm sure there will follow other pieces!


It's a pity I didn't found the time for making a fitting bracelet for my necklace, as intended. I've to catch that up on!

Enough from me here.... I've to take a look, what Nan did make with the soup, I sent to her. Here's a small picture of the items :




Thanks a lot for stopping by, cu on my hopping tour! :0)

And for all non-participants ...... get ready to get inspired by following all BSBP-Bloggers. Here's the link that will bring you to them:
8th BSBP participants

Yours, Michi

p.s.: also completed this post with links to my last reveals & partners, if you're interested ;0)


2013 - 7th BSBP with Elaine Robitaille (Too Aquarius)
2012 - 6th BSBP with Joanne Tinley (Daisychain)
2011 - 5th BSBP with Marina Dobrynina (Savon Feutre)

84 Kommentare:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) hat gesagt…

Super designs, Michi, you attention and talent really showing :)

Mags hat gesagt…

Lovely design, the necklace with hand dyed silk is amazing!

Karin G hat gesagt…

Your two necklaces are amazing! They are so unique and creative. Thank you also for sharing your creative process!

Annica hat gesagt…

Absolutely wonderful designs Michi! So unique and exciting. I love that you have mixed so many materials, textures and they work perfectly together (you have got a good 'design eye'. They are all beautiful, but the one with patinated and textured copper is outstanding!

PiPa hat gesagt…

The whole process is so interesting, I wish I experimented a little bit more like you, since the result clearly pay off! Beautiful pieces, last necklace is my favorite!

Lesley hat gesagt…

Great soup and lovely designs Michi - that last one is a beauty :0)

Just Beads hat gesagt…

Wow, Michi, what a great work! I love all of your pieces, but the second necklace is especially amazing. Thank you for sharing the working process too. Bits from your screwdriver set... great! ;-)

Folks, I had the great good fortune to see it in the real world. What can I say, it's even much nicer than the picture.

la mar de bonita hat gesagt…

Thank you all for your lovely comments here :0), especially Silke - daaaaankeschön :0))

Shannon LeVart hat gesagt…

That mother of pearl clasp leapt out at me from the first photo and I had to scroll ahead to see what you made with it; it's just perfect!!! Those colors are beautiful together. I really enjoyed the fire painted copper pendant necklace, I never get tired of tassels, and your style in jewelry design really speaks to me. Thank you for visiting my own party post!

Regina hat gesagt…

Love the blue and gold... but then they are all lovely. Good job!

Perlendschungel hat gesagt…

Liebe Michi, da hast du aber wieder mal Traumstücke gezaubert! Von deiner zweiten Kette bin ich total fasziniert. All die Arbeit, die du in das Metall gesteckt hast, klasse! Ist dir wirklich sehr gut gelungen. Muss ich aber auch mal in Natura sehen. ;-)
Liebe Grüße,
Sabine

jevebo-art hat gesagt…

Wunderschöne Schmuckstücke Michi. Man bekommt richtig Laune aufs Meer. Wahnsinn, die Arbeit, welche Du in die zweite Kette gesteckt hast. Und die Ohrhänger gefallen mir extrem gut. Grossartig!

LG Jeannine

Nan Smith hat gesagt…

Oh, Michi! You did a wonderful job with your soup! I love all 3 pieces you made but especially the last necklace!!!!! I love what you did with the gecko. The flame painting of the copper really turned out well.....I've got to try that.You including so much interest in your pendant with all the different dangles.....so creative. Thanks again for my lovely soup. My blog post is finally up. I had scheduled it for 12 hours ago but Blogger decided not to do it for some unknown reason. Now I'm off to hop but your's was my first stop and I love it! Take care and Happy Mother's Day!

createmyworld hat gesagt…

Gorgeous designs! I especially love the last piece, with the lizard! :)

la mar de bonita hat gesagt…

Oh Nan - I'm so glad to hear, you're fine and just had technical issues :0) Happy mothers day too..... have to take a look at your blog immediately!
Thank you all for you lovely comments here on my blog! xoxo, Michi

Pearl and Pebble hat gesagt…

Michi these are fabulous and I love love LOVE your metalwork and patinated pendants! Really pretty. Enjoy wearing these!!

bailaora hat gesagt…

all creations are great, but the last necklace is really stunning!

Anvil Artifacts hat gesagt…

All of these pieces are real beauties! Fantastic results with your flame painted copper. Love how you combined your ingredients.

Genea hat gesagt…

Wow what beautiful designs! I love all of the layers and dangles! xo Genea

Heidi Kingman hat gesagt…

Fabulous pieces!! I especially love the last piece and all the new things you tried out while working on your soup. Isn't this fun?!

Jael hat gesagt…

Great choices. You really rose to the challenge!!

min hat gesagt…

I can't pick a favourite. I love them all. Wonderful ideas that came to fruition!

acrimbolda's glaswelt hat gesagt…

Great necklaces, it is interesting how the view behind an other horizon influence the own working.

Lori Bowring Michaud hat gesagt…

What a beautiful soup you received! Beautiful pieces you created Michi! I love that you stepped outside of your creative box and tried new techniques!

Schmuck der gut tut hat gesagt…

Unglaublich, Michi! Wunderschön! (und anregend!)
Lieben Gruß
Mea

Esterina Indomacarons hat gesagt…

Great designs!! I really love your copper work with the cute little gecko.. dropped my chin, zoomed the pictures big to see every details, and dropped my chin even lower *LOL* Soooo amazing!

NataschaM hat gesagt…

What a wonderful soup! I love what you did with it, all your creation are full of phantasy and your use of color is gorgeous. Great work!

Rebekah hat gesagt…

Both are stunning! Love, love the gecko necklace—long necklaces are my favorite! And I absolutely love the way you work, using the things you have on hand and making it perfectly fabulous! Thanks for sharing your story of how it all came together!

la mar de bonita hat gesagt…

I'm totally overwhelmed....thank you so much for your lovely comments here :0)

beadphoria hat gesagt…

Looks like you got a very earthy bead soup, too! Love what you made. The three strand clasp looks stunning and your copper discs turned out great! Kudos on a well served soup!
-Suzann Sladcik Wilson

Dancing Wire and Beads by Lori hat gesagt…

They are all so wonderful and the necklace is absolutely gorgeous, a real show stopper!

Elizabeth hat gesagt…

Love both the necklaces and the earrings!! You really pushed yourself with new techniques and the patina on the copper disk! Simply Stunning Work!!

Deb Fortin hat gesagt…

I wish I spoke german but I don't so this is in english.
I admire all the work you put into the metal necklace , all that fire and patina , worth the effort as it's a stunning piece .

Sharon Driscoll hat gesagt…

What a great job with the soup! I was really expecting to see your beautiful lampwork beads added to the mix and you restrained yourself from doing that. I will have to try that next time and I can certainly say your designing was wonderful - it's the sign of a mind can work with anything. Keep doing those great beads though - I do enjoy seeing them too.

vonna hat gesagt…

You received a beautiful soup to work my favorite colors.. My favorite is the gecko piece and that three strand clasp how unique.. I have yet to make a triple strand. Such inspiring designs! :)

Janet Borzecki hat gesagt…

That last piece is stunning! Great work!

kerensky hat gesagt…

Oooohhh lovely - such pretty pieces you made, love the necklace.

Jean Wells hat gesagt…

Love your reveal. I have been making more with the big swinging pendants lately too. I agree with you, I like it too. That necklace is gorgeous and the ribbon you used on the bracelet gives it such a feminine touch. Great job. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

anafiassa hat gesagt…

What a lovely combination of colors and textures... I love all of your designs. In fact, I'm having a hard time picking out a favorite. I am super impressed with everything you came up with! :)

Sheila hat gesagt…

I love seeing what the international participants make. Your work is so interesting. I love the big necklace and also like my pieces to move. I'd wear it in a heartbeat!

ladelizchica hat gesagt…

La mar de bonita ,your soup is beautiful.

ingetraud hat gesagt…

Lovely pieces. I like the earrings the best. The necklace with the large pendant looks fun to wear.
I was interested to learn of the fair in Mannheim. I was just driving through Mannheim just 2 weeks earlier. Maybe I will plan next year's trip to Germany around it.

K hat gesagt…

I absolutely love your main piece!

Rdegas hat gesagt…

Such great pieces you made! The necklace is my favorite, great combination.

Dini Bruinsma hat gesagt…

What a stunning♥ pendant did you create :-) The set is beautiful as well, all pieces look very wearable, I would do ♥that!

Heather hat gesagt…

Wow!! Your designs are fantastic, but I LOVE LOVE that necklace! Great work!!

peacockandlime hat gesagt…

Beautiful job! Your colour combinations are stunning & I love what you have done - especially with the gecko necklace! It's perfect :)

Audrey Bélanger hat gesagt…

The last necklace is a work of art, nothing less ! So many layers and different pieces working together in such a pleasing whole !

LiliKrist hat gesagt…

Love your design. I like the way you play with the fabric and chain. Very good combination =)

Kashmira hat gesagt…

Mind blowing! That's what the last necklace is! And to know that you have done so many techniques for the first time makes it extra special!

Linda A. hat gesagt…

i love what you did with the little lizard. how adorable! very creative and sweet!

Linda A.
http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com
http://cherryOnTopDesign.co

bairozan hat gesagt…

Ha, I started following ABS this year and am planning to make something following the same tute :) You deserve respect for resisting the temptation to use any of your gorgeous lampwork! You did well with the three-strand necklace, I have yet to master how to calculate the length of each strand, the ribbon is just the right touch. I admire you determination to work with the metal pieces and make this unique pendant! Challenge taken!

Tammy Adams hat gesagt…

Beautiful work with that large focal clasp. The earrings are fabulous. And results of you playing with fire are magical.

stregajewellry hat gesagt…

Gorgeous work.

Cris Peacock hat gesagt…

Loved reading you post and seeing your beautiful pieces!

sheilaposter hat gesagt…

Great stuff. I'm amazed at the care you took and the work you did.The little silk and wire wrapped heart dangle was particularly pleasing

Janine hat gesagt…

Mouth dropping gorgeous beadsoups (the one you received and the one you sent) and Oh my...your designs!! Stunning

Sarah hat gesagt…

Those are all gorgeous. Love that little lizard!

Freestyle Elements hat gesagt…

I am a big fan of turquoise and coral colors together, so I absolutely loved your soup! The lizard and the fire patinated copper is one that I would wear in a heartbeat--it is so beautiful!! Love your pieces Thank you for stopping by my blog!

beadrecipes hat gesagt…

Fantastic pieces, the second necklace is just incredible!

Krafty Max hat gesagt…

I love what you made and that you did some patina on your own...wonderful! But I really love the little lizard. It caught me attention right from the start!! :) ~KM

Terri hat gesagt…

Awesome work! I'm inspired. I'm hard pressed to select a favorite! You are one talented lady! Soup-perb!

Christine hat gesagt…

Wow, fabulous designs - love them!!

Rachel hat gesagt…

Both necklaces are beautiful! Love the earrings, too!

la mar de bonita hat gesagt…

Oh ladies - thank you all for all your lovely comments here! :0))

I'm still hoping - think I will need ages for getting finished ;0) It's sooooo much inspiring :0)))

xoxo, yours Michi

kerensky hat gesagt…

Wow - such lovely pieces you have created here, with such a good use of colour and texture. Love them!

Barb Fernald hat gesagt…

Your necklaces and earrings are so fun and wearable. I just loved reading about your adventures with the copper. Texturing it and flame painting it. That necklace is stunning. You should be very proud of your work and your sense of adventure!!

Ahowin hat gesagt…

What a lovely designs, they are all so gorgeous. Love them all.

catherine buckley hat gesagt…

really lovely work

Rose hat gesagt…

Michi - thanks so much for coming by my blog.

I think you did a lovely job with the 3 strand clasp. The colours work well - it's a piece I would love to wear.

Vivi Magoo hat gesagt…

Beautiful! I love your wire work! Exquisite!

Louise hat gesagt…

You have made beautiful pieces, I especially like the first necklace and earrings. So much creativity on this blog party to inspire. I will be back to visit your past posts.
Thank you for your kind comments at my blog. Have a great week!

M&M Momentos Uniquely 4 Ewe hat gesagt…

Very creative designs! Delicate details on the bracelet and lovely way to handle the clasp. Sweet spiral wrapped earrings. They look fun to wear! Delightful gecko necklace! Your creativity has really shown with this piece. Enjoyed savoring your soup!

Sheila Davis hat gesagt…

Great designs with your wonderful soup! Your beads are gorgeous too!

Shaiha hat gesagt…

What incredible pieces. I like the first necklace however your second one is a real stunner. Just incredible!

Othel hat gesagt…

Sehr schön! I love the necklace and the story of making it.

BluMoon hat gesagt…

I love what you have made with your soup the earrings are lovely and that wonderful MOP clasp is a stunner you made a very pretty necklace with it!
Jackie

Patricia Johnson hat gesagt…

Gorgeous soup! Those earrings are very pretty. And I love the first necklace. The egg shaped pearl and tied ribbon fit well together.

Kepi hat gesagt…

Gorgeous pieces, absolute stunners. Beautiful designs!

Stacy hat gesagt…

So pretty! I love the texture and layering on the lizard necklace.

la mar de bonita hat gesagt…

Thank you soooo much for all your lovely comments here, you all :0)))

CraftyHope hat gesagt…

Oh goodness, that necklace is amazing!! I can imagine you're proud of it. Awesome job.

Becky Pancake hat gesagt…

Hi Michi, All of your designs are beautiful. You have a great eye for what looks good together. Your last necklace is spectacular. It is a real attention getter.Great job using your soup.

WindDancerStudios hat gesagt…

What wonderful pieces you made with your soup! Love them!